Deferred Charitable Gift Annuities
- Gifts That Pay You Income: Charitable Gift Annuities| Deferred Charitable Gift Annuities| Charitable Remainder Unitrusts| Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
How it works:
- You transfer cash, securities or other property to Baptist Health Care Foundation.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, the Foundation begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- The principal passes to the Foundation when the contract ends.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- You can postpone your annuity payments until you need them, such as when you reach retirement or when a grandchild begins his or her college education.
- The longer you defer your payments, the higher the effective rate you will receive. In the meantime, the principal grows tax-free.
- You can make a significant gift now that benefits both you and the Foundation later.
Consider a deferred gift annuity if you:
- Are in high earnings years, looking for both income-tax savings now and an additional source of revenue when you retire.
- Want to make a significant gift to the Foundation and receive payments in return.
- Want to maximize the payments you receive from your planned gift – and you want to lower your income tax on those payments.
- Want the security of payments that won't fluctuate during your lifetime.
- Appreciate the safety of your payments being a general financial obligation of the institution.
Please contact us at 850.469.7906 prior to establishing a deferred gift annuity to ensure it follows our Gift Acceptance Policies.