Charitable Gift Annuities
- Gifts That Pay You Income: Charitable Gift Annuities| Deferred Charitable Gift Annuities| Charitable Remainder Unitrusts| Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
How it works:
- You transfer cash or securities to Baptist Health Care Foundation.
- The Foundation pays you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed payments for life.
- The principal passes to the Foundation when the contract ends.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Your annuity payments are guaranteed for life, backed by the Foundation’s reserve and assets.
- Your annuity payments may be treated as part ordinary income, part capital-gains income (15 percent) and part tax-free income, depending on the assets used to fund the annuity.
- You can make a significant gift that benefits you now and the Foundation later.
Consider a charitable gift annuity if you:
- Want to make a significant gift to the Foundation and receive lifetime payments in return.
- Are 65 years of age or older.
- Want to maximize the payments you receive from your planned gift – and you want to lower your income tax on those payments.
- Want the security of payment amounts that won't fluctuate during your lifetime.
- Appreciate the safety of your payments being a general financial obligation of the institution.
Please contact us at 850.469.7906 prior to establishing a charitable gift annuity to ensure it follows our Gift Acceptance Policies.