Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
- Gifts That Pay You Income: Charitable Gift Annuities| Deferred Charitable Gift Annuities| Charitable Remainder Unitrusts| Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
How it works:
- You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
- The trust pays a percentage of the assets market value, re-valued annually, to you or to beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust ends, the principal passes to Baptist Health Care Foundation.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the trust.
- You pay no capital-gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive payments for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions.
- You can make a significant gift that benefits you now and the Foundation later.
Consider a charitable remainder unitrust if you:
- Want to make a major gift to the Foundation while retaining or increasing your cash flow from the assets you contribute.
- Have appreciated assets – securities, a business or investment real estate – and want to avoid the capital-gains cost of a sale.
- Want the income from your gift to be able to grow over time.
- Want maximum flexibility in the operation of your gift.
Please contact us at 850.469.7906 prior to establishing a charitable remainder unitrust to ensure it follows our Gift Acceptance Policies.