Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
- Gifts That Pay You Income: Charitable Gift Annuities| Deferred Charitable Gift Annuities| Charitable Remainder Unitrusts| Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
How it works:
- You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to you or to anyone you name.
- When the trust ends, the principal passes to Baptist Health Care Foundation.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the trust.
- As long as you are one of the beneficiaries, you pay no immediate capital-gains tax on any appreciated assets you donate. A portion of the capital-gains tax is spread over your life expectancy.
- You or your designated income beneficiaries receive stable, predictable payments for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions.
- You can make a significant gift that benefits you now and the Foundation later.
Consider a charitable remainder unitrust if you:
- Want to make a major gift to the Foundation while retaining or increasing your cash flow from the assets you contribute.
- Have appreciated stocks or bonds and want to avoid the capital-gains cost of a sale.
- Prefer the stability of a fixed income.
- Want a larger charitable deduction for your gift than the unitrust option would provide.
- Have tax-free bonds and want to continue to draw tax-free income from your gift plan.
Please contact us at 850.469.7906 prior to establishing a charitable remainder annuity trust to ensure it follows our Gift Acceptance Policies.