Gifts of Real Estate
- Estate And Planned Giving: Professional Advisors| Gifts Anyone Can Make| Gifts That Pay You Income| Gifts of Real Estate
Gifts of real estate provide you some leverage, enabling you to save on taxes, increase your cash flow, and/or reduce the burden of maintaining or selling your property, while supporting Baptist Health Care Foundation.
How it works:
- You deed your home, a commercial building, or investment property to the Foundation.
- The Foundation may use the property or sell it and use the proceeds for the purpose you specify.
- You receive an income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate, no matter what you originally paid for it.
- You pay no capital-gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific Foundation program.
Consider a gift of real estate if you:
- Have residential, commercial or undeveloped real estate that has risen in value and that you no longer wish to maintain.
- Want the Foundation to use the property for institutional purposes or sell it.
- Own the property outright or are willing to satisfy any mortgages before donating it to the Foundation.
- Have property that is marketable and environmentally secure.
Please contact us at 850.469.7906 prior to making a gift of real estate to ensure it follows our Gift Acceptance Policies.