Gifts of Retirement Plans
- Gifts Anyone Can Make: Gifts by Will or Trust | Gifts of Retirement Plans| Gifts of Appreciated Securities| Gifts of Life Insurance| Gifts of Personal Property
How it works:
- You name Baptist Health Care Foundation as the beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- Any residual left in your plan when you pass away will transfer to the Foundation tax-free.
- Avoid the potential double taxation your retirement savings would face if you designated them to your heirs.
- Continue taking lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change your beneficiary if your circumstances change.
Consider a gift from your retirement plan if you:
- Have a 401(k) or other retirement plan you want to gift the Foundation through your estate plan.
- Have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) plan you want to gift directly to the Foundation and you want the Foundation to help facilitate the gift.
- Want to balance your giving between providing for your family and for the community.
- Want to ensure the most efficient distribution of the assets in your estate.
Note: The Foundation cannot directly receive IRA gifts, but can help facilitate such a gift for the benefit of Baptist Health Care if you choose.
Please contact us at 850.469.7906 prior to making a gift by will or trust to ensure it follows our Gift Acceptance Policies.