Gifts of Appreciated Securities
- Gifts Anyone Can Make: Gifts by Will or Trust | Gifts of Retirement Plans| Gifts of Appreciated Securities| Gifts of Life Insurance| Gifts of Personal Property
How it works:
- You transfer appreciated securities to Baptist Health Care Foundation.
- The Foundation sells your securities and uses the proceeds for the purpose you specify.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital-gains tax on the securities you donate.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.
- You can make a significant gift now or fund a life-income gift that benefits the Foundation later.
Consider a gift of appreciated securities if you:
- Hold stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares that have risen in value.
- Want to maximize your deduction, but not affect your liquidity.
- Want to make an outright gift to the Foundation, or make a gift that will return lifetime payments to you.
- Want to reinvest your assets to increase your cash flow without paying capital-gains taxes by selling the stock.
Please contact us at 850.469.7906 prior to making a gift by will or trust to ensure it follows our Gift Acceptance Policies.