Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does Baptist Health Care Foundation need financial assistance from supporters?
- As the philanthropic arm of our community’s only locally owned not-for-profit health care system, we rely on financial contributions to support programs and services within Baptist Health Care and Lakeview Center. Many of these programs would not be possible without the generous support of our donors.
- I support other causes already. Why should I support Baptist Health Care Foundation?
- All of our administrative and overhead fees are paid for by Baptist Health Care. One hundred percent of your donation goes directly to support patient care, programs and leading-edge technology. Our donors have the comfort of knowing their financial support benefits Baptist’s award-winning care for all of our patients. As a contributor to the Foundation, you can be assured that your donation stays here in our local community.
- Will my gift make a difference?
- Yes! It is our belief that every gift is special, regardless of the amount. Your gift of any size can have a tremendous impact on Baptist Health Care and is extremely important to the Baptist Health Care Foundation. Not only do small gifts add up, but they also encourage others to give. Foundations, corporations and individual donors with significant capacity to give often look for an organization with strong overall backing before they will commit to supporting it.
- How might my gift be used?
- There are many opportunities for your contribution to Baptist Health Care Foundation to make a large impact. Donations may be used for where the need is greatest or may be designated by you for specific programs within Baptist Health Care.
- Will I be recognized for my gift?
- When you make a gift to Baptist Health Care Foundation, we will send you a letter of appreciation along with a receipt in the mail for your records. If you make a gift in honor of or in memory of someone, that person or their family will also be notified of your gift.
- What are the tax benefits of making a gift to Baptist Health Care Foundation?
- As a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, every gift to the Foundation is tax deductible. Make sure that you keep your receipt for your records. Consult your accountant or attorney regarding an estate plan or bequest to the Foundation. Certain ways of giving allow you to receive a tax benefit now, or to give a gift to the Foundation and receive a fixed income for life.
- What are the different ways I can make a gift to Baptist Health Care Foundation?
- You can donate either by check or with a credit card. Checks may be made out to Baptist Health Care Foundation and mailed to:
Baptist Health Care Foundation
PO Box 17500
Pensacola, FL 32522
If you’d prefer, a credit card can be used. It is an easy way to make a donation. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. You can call us at 850.469.7906 or donate through our secure website.
- How much control do I have over the use of my gift?
- If you would like to support a specific program, service line or fund, you can let us know which one you desire and we will direct your gift to that area. If you make an undesignated donation to the Foundation, your gift will go into the Foundation’s unrestricted fund to support Baptist Health Care’s area of greatest need.
- Does Baptist Health Care Foundation publish an annual report? If so, how can I get a copy?
- Each fiscal year the Foundation publishes an annual report . As a 501(c)3 organization, we are audited annually by a local independent auditing firm and operate in accordance with state and federal guidelines. If you would like a copy of our most recent annual report, please contact us at 850.469.7906.
- How can I update my address?
- We want to stay in touch with you!
- Call us at 850.469.7906
- Write us at:
PO Box 17500
Pensacola, FL 32522
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org